The library accepts donated books and other resources using the following criteria:
We will accept:
- Hardcover and paperback fiction in good condition
- Nonfiction books that are five years from publication or newer
- Children's books in good condition
- DVDs and books on CD
- Red River Valley materials from any time period
We cannot accept:
- Textbooks, magazines, Readers Digest condensed books, or encyclopedias
- Any materials with damage:
- Mold or mildew
- Yellowed or missing pages
- Broken spines
- Water or smoke damage
- Nonfiction books with a publication date older than five years
- Coloring books, activity books and partially filled in workbooks
- VHS tapes and Cassettes
If you have specific questions about your donation, please ask library staff.
Monetary gifts to the collection are welcome and may be designated as memorials. Donors of the funds may suggest subjects or titles to be acquired with their donation, but EGFCL reserves the right of final decision. EGFCL does not evaluate or appraise gift materials for tax purposes. Items that are not added to the collections are given to the Friends of the Campbell Library.
The Friends of the Campbell Library has established an endowment with the Community Foundation of Grand Forks, East Grand Forks and Region to ensure there would always be funds available to provide services to the public and invest in literacy materials. This endowment allows the Friends as a non-profit to build for the future, insuring that the good work of the Friends will continue. Anyone can show support by donating to the Literacy Endowment through the Community Foundation of Grand Forks, East Grand Forks region. Each donation will be added to permanently support a growing fund. Donations may be sent to:
620 DeMers Avenue
Grand Forks, ND 58203
or access the Community Foundation website.
For more information about the Literacy Endowment call the Community Foundation of Grand Forks, East Grand Forks and Region at (701)746-0668.
For more information on how to donate to the library through the Friends of the Campbell phone (218)773-9121.