600 DeMers Ave.
East Grand Forks,
Ph: (218) 773-0124
Ph: (218) 773-2208
Fx: (218) 773-2507
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Planning and Zoning Department’s responsibility is to promote the health, safety, morals, convenience, and general welfare of the inhabitants of the City.
The Planning Department:
- Lessens congestion in the public rights-of-way
- Protects the quality of life for our residents
- Prevents the overcrowding of land
- Manages growth and development in a manner that supports many housing choices and economic development opportunities
- Facilitates the adequate provision of transportation, water, sewerage, schools, parks, and other public requirements
- Conserves the value of property
- Encourages the most appropriate use of land, minimizing losses due to flooding